On this page you will find some useful links to help with the PPL journey:
Broken links? Please Contact Me and help keep this site useful
Flyer Forums – This has been a huge help throughout the PPL process and lets you talkdirectly with other pilots (Student and Experienced)- don’t be afraid to post a topic or ask a question, a very friendly forum
Civil Aviation Authority – The CAA is the UK’s aviation regulator. On this site you can find information on a host of General Aviation issue. Below are a few highlights:
- CAP 413 – This lengthy but important document sets out Radiotelephony practices and is issued by the UK CAA.
- The Skyway Code – The Skyway Code is designed to provide private pilots with easy, quick access to the key information regarding air law and safety.
- Safety Sense – The Radiotelephony Guidance Leaflet
- G-INFO – Database of all UK registered aircraft
- Aerodrome Information (Including maps and plates)
EASA – The European Aviation Safety Agency covers general aviation topics
The Telegraph ran a story on the cost of a PPL and is well worth a read
Sites in The USA – BEWARE use as entertainment or basic knowledge and check details with UK organisations.
- www.Freechecklists.net contains user-generated checklists for small aircraft. BEWARE – these checklists need thorough proof reading as they are NOT endorsed by manufacturers and this site adheres to USA not UK/EU requirements.
- Bold Method – interesting US articles for the general aviator